3 ago 2017

The awning

We have decided to replace the awning because after ten years it was almost "dead". It hardly protected from sun or rain but it's done it's job at full satisfaction.


We've though about crossing 9 wooden sticks from left to right as a structure to support the 5 meters long new awning.

The 4 meters long sticks painting job took me 7 hours. 
 

OK. Here's the plan
We're gonna hammer nails to stick those rectangular pieces to those 4 meters long sticks 

But first we got to set the sticks on their spot. Up here.
Thing is that,.... I can't count with my 82 y/o father so I have to carry out "the job" by myself. I gotta admit that I've been coming back home on Saturday, way more tired than what is usual.
 
I've finally set the 4 meters long sticks at their spot. 

Next Saturday we started off with the planks we want to set between the 9 sticks. 
 
 
It is finally over folks. Two of my brothers and my brother in law came up last Saturday and they completed the job. 

Here you have some more pictures
 
 
 
 It took us nearly 12 Saturdays
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 












































































No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Moto