26 sept 2010

An excursion

I got a phone call last Thursday from the dad of one of my daughter's friend. We met first time 8 years ago, when our girls started school, so after all these years there is a good feeling between us.

"Saturday. 10..00 am. At San Telmo's Park. Bring your motorbike, we're going on excursion"

So yesterday I woke up early, had a short breakfast and soon I was riding my motorbike heading to my mum's to sort out a couple of things. At 10.00 I arrived at St Telmo's Park. My friend was there with two more guys. "Hello, hello, please to meet you, bla, bla, bla" and quickly we were sat in our respective bikes. A Honda CBF 600, a Ducati 600, a Honda Transalp 600 and my tiny Kawasaki ER-5.

It was the first time for me to ride the bike with other people and I swear I loved it. The Ducati's driver was the most experienced and he lead us to a very isolated part of the island, to a road with little traffic, new asphalt, clean and well signposted. We stopped at Agüimes town and decide to go to Santa Lucía de Tirajana, via Temisas. What can I say folks..............If you have a look at the link you'll understand why. Those bends..........

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=d&source=s_....8,0.138702&z=13

What an enormous amount of pleasure. From the first gear to the fifth you could take advantage of the bike-gear. I could accelerate in the gear ratio to 7/8 rpm, release the throttle, enter the bend, and throttle again...

I don't like going fast all the time. I just like reprise. I like to feel how the bike pulls me and this particular road folks it was simply superb. In fact when I drive fast, I only do it for 1000/1200 meters, because that's the distance I need to engage the six gears of my bike. As soon I reach the sixth, I'm not interested anymore, so I slow down and drive normally, but today the road invited me to enjoy the bike the way I like. Something I had never tasted before

This first stage was simply reprise and pure adrenaline since we left Agüimes, 'till we arrived in Santa Lucía.

It was very hot up there, even worst because of our motorcycle jackets. Perhaps 34/35º C. We had a couples of non alcoholic drinks, my mates had their cigarettes and after a while we drove to Tejeda

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=d&source=s_....5 &ie=UTF8&z=13

This was a superb stage too. The road was not so good but that was simply because, the previous road was outstanding. It seemed they had put the asphalt yesterday. As the heat was going up and up, I noticed how the bike tires were doing their job perfectly. Folks.......entering the bends was absolutely great.

At 14.00 we reached Tejeda, we parked the bikes and went for a meal.

I had one can of beer (remember here are 66 cl), we talked about this and that, enjoyed the lovely meal and after a cup of coffee, we payed the bill and we went home.

This third stage was the most boring part of the journey. Traffic was heavy because is one of the most busiest roads of the island, so it was pretty the same I have everyday in town: lots of cars and buses around me. Not funny at all.

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=d&source=s_....2&i e=UTF8&z=12

Anyway, I got home at nearly 17.00 after releasing tons of endorphins


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Moto