6 ago 2017

Five days in Barcelona




Couple of months ago my wife told me she would like to visit Barcelona. As I do not like travelling at all, as soon she warned me out about her crazy plans, I stood against pointing her with my forefinger and with a strong and unbending firmness I told her: "I wanna make this absolutely clear: I’m not gonna go anywhere”

Last Tuesday, December 8, VY-3000 flight brought us back to Gran Canaria after a five days stay in Barcelona. From Thursday to Tuesday.

Barcelona is an amazing city, with endless roads and wide avenues

A job mate had told me, "man, get ready, you go to a theme park" and that was what we exactly saw in Barcelona.

I gotta admit that I felt better than when we were in Madrid. The sea made the weather very similar to ours in the Canaries. Cold and humidity was similar too. I mean it was not the dry continental climate of Madrid.

There are people everywhere at all times. Bars, restaurants, greengrocers, hairdressers, clothing stores, supermarkets all open at 23:18. Streets and squares crowded at that time at night……….thousands of people ......... ....... .... The amount of holidaymakers visiting Barcelona is more than huge. People from all over the world flooded the city. Russians, hundreds of North Americans, there were also many Italians, French, Germans and Spaniards, but Chinese tourism in groups of up to thirty people were the most.

We visited Barcelona Town Hall. La Sagrada Familia as well, but we did not enter because of the enormous queues so I shot several pictures and we walked away. We also visited the Park Guell where we paid an eight euros tickets each to get in. Within the park borders there are three buildings designed by Gaudí opened to be visited. One of them is were the Catalonian architect used to live while planning the building of the park. It is the first building you face at the beginning of the enclosure. My wife tried to get in,…..but………..we were asked to pay again: "This visit is not included in the ticket price. It is an extra 5 euros.” With a smile in our faces we respectfully refused the 5 euros tickets they were offering us and did not get into the house. The visit to the other two buildings was covered by the eight euros tickets. After a 25 minutes queue, we entered “The Guard’s house”, an empty house with no furniture at all. In a room an early Twentieth Century audiovisual presentation of the park. In the other one panels covered with newspaper clippings from 1907. The third building had become a souvenirs shop.

We walked by el “Raval”, by “Las Ramblas and Paseo de Gracia”, by “La Boquería Market”, by the “Gothic neighbordood” and we visited the Cathedral of Barcelona where no one in his right mind would attempt to pray. We saw the old and the new parts of the Port of Barcelona, la Barceloneta, the Columbus column, the Batlló house and “La Pedrera” house and we even had the chance to visit the “Palacio de la Capitanía de Barcelona”.

In bars and restaurants we found thousands of friendly and very polite latinoamericans employees. The few Catalonians we had to deal with while getting a taxi or the bus or in a commerce were correct but they were not as friendly. We found out lovely Catalonians altough, but I gotta admit they were the less. At “Bosque Palermo” restaurant, -163, Valencia road- we were treated lovely by their Catalonians waiters. We enjoyed our four last dinners there.

On the other hand, Our Lord, in His Infinite Wisdom –the ways of God are inscrutables- has not been particularly generous to Catalonians women, because you sit down in any terrace in Las Canteras Beach avenue here in Gran Canaria and you see more hot Gran Canarian women in an hour that all the girls I saw in the five days I spent over there. The most of the women I saw in the streets were ugly or very ugly.

Anyway, the best of this 3200 miles trip is that I’ve come back home fully confident that my wife have enjoyed a lot this time in Barcelona and this particular fact makes the rest becomes irrelevant. How much did we spend? For God’s sake! There is no price when talking about my holy wife’s happiness. I just follow instructions coming from her command with a smile on my face, while secretly I was crossing out the days left to return home.

We were still at Barcelona’s Airport waiting for our flight back departure, when I told my wife that after the heroic deed of my coming to Barcelona, I was not gonna leave Gran Canaria ‘till 2020, ……she looked at me and said…………”check your agenda…mate………Sevilla awaits us next year by this time”.. ....... and then a boundless joy filled my heart.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Moto