5 ago 2017

Scarborough 2016


This is the article I wrote about my daughter summer school in England in 2016. Hope you like it!
 
Alea jacta est............the daughter is flying to the UK for four weeks this summer. I've already made the deposit and the registration fee on line. She was scared at first but it seems she has asummed there is no way out. Let's see how it goes...........

She arrived yesterday afternoon after 29 days in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England.
I remember it was my wife the one who began with the "it's-time-to-send-the-girl-to- England" thing, back in March 2016. By May, she already had the most of the info regarding teen courses avalaible in the UK and Ireland.
When I checked out the info, I noticed that the whole teen summer courses offer, took place in England Southern towns and villages. Bornemouth, Brighton, Worthing, Portsmouth. In Ireland only Dublin and Galway.
I soon forget everything about Ireland. Dates didn't match.
So I went back to consider England to realise that my daughter was going to be an hour away by train from London and not only that, what it was worst, she was going to be sourronded by Spaniards like her, attending teen summer courses just like her.
Obviously the most of the Spanish companies that deal with kids summer courses in the UK, always choose Southern towns because of the costs. They can offer a tigh budget packet as it is much easier to fly to London as several daily flights from all over Spain are avalaible.
So I started off seeking other alternatives when I said to myself "you moron, what about the summer course you attended at the Scarborough School of English back in the 80's?"
When I searched the net I found out the “Scarborough International School of English” and that was the starting point.
I talked to my wife. I told her the girl was going to travel with other Spaniards to London several times a week and she was not going to speak English but Spanish and that IMHO that was just throwing away our money.
She agreed and I was in charge since.
The girl flew to Manchester from Gran Canaria in a four hours flight. I hired a transfer that picked her up at the airport and drove her to Scarborough, 124 miles away.
She has attended the teen course succesfully. She met ten Spaniards at the school but they left at the end of her first week. No more Spaniards since. “I was the only Spaniard in the school, dad!” Great!
She has enjoyed a wonderful experience in the UK she’ll never forget.
“Would you repeat next year?” I told her yesterday while we were heading home from the airport
“For sure dad”




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Moto